On monday morning Jonah and I went to her Dr. to have her regular pre-natal check-up. We asked the doc if we could have a request slip for an ultrasound. I was a little surprised by the doctor's response, because she said that we probably won't be able to find out the sex this early, but we could always try. It made me laugh, because in the States, people find out at 20 weeks, but here they usually wait until the 7th month. So, she gave us the request, and we went to the ultrasound center to see baby.
It was a little blurry, and kind of confusing at first, but we were able to figure out what exactly we were looking at. Apparently, baby was turned away from the camera, and the specialist had a hard time locating what we were looking for. So, she had Jonah turn on her side to see if maybe we could find a good angle. I decided that I would take video of the ultrasound, because I knew that they wouldn't be able to give us a copy of it. Here is the little clip that we took, where you can see the gender(if you know what you're looking at), and a nice shot of baby's face.
It was a little blurry, and kind of confusing at first, but we were able to figure out what exactly we were looking at. Apparently, baby was turned away from the camera, and the specialist had a hard time locating what we were looking for. So, she had Jonah turn on her side to see if maybe we could find a good angle. I decided that I would take video of the ultrasound, because I knew that they wouldn't be able to give us a copy of it. Here is the little clip that we took, where you can see the gender(if you know what you're looking at), and a nice shot of baby's face.
...It's a boy!!!!
We were both a little shocked when we heard the result, and both very excited for baby. Now our next big challenge will be thinking of a name. We would like to hear what suggestions you might have. We both decided that we would like baby's initials to be both of our first initials, J and M, but it doesn't really matter what order.
Also, the due date was pushed up almost a whole week. I guess baby is getting big faster than usual, haha. The new due date is October 24, just like his Monkey Mike(who, in his prediction, said that in 19 years our baby would be the next Elder Scott, and a very powerful missionary).
For those of us who guessed girl, we'll just have to wait until next time.
We were both a little shocked when we heard the result, and both very excited for baby. Now our next big challenge will be thinking of a name. We would like to hear what suggestions you might have. We both decided that we would like baby's initials to be both of our first initials, J and M, but it doesn't really matter what order.
Also, the due date was pushed up almost a whole week. I guess baby is getting big faster than usual, haha. The new due date is October 24, just like his Monkey Mike(who, in his prediction, said that in 19 years our baby would be the next Elder Scott, and a very powerful missionary).
For those of us who guessed girl, we'll just have to wait until next time.
7 comments:
Congrats! I am so excited to have a boy cousin for Aaron. It'd be cool if Rhett and Tracy's is a boy because then we'd have three boys, though they'd be more spread out than Lucy, Alyssa, and Sierra. Boys are fun but prepare. Just prepare. :) He is SO much more active than Alyssa was. I don't know if all boys are as nuts are Aaron, though. I couldn't resist this adorable outfit yesterday because it sums him up perfectly. It has a shark on it and says "here comes trouble." :) No, we love him to death and are so excited for you guys. Congrats again! Oh, names. Hmmm. Are you thinking more of an English name or something more from the Philippines?
So I figured that it would be appropriate to also mix a Filipino and an American name... I put the American one first because I can pronounce them. That and I'm not sure if all of the Filipino ones are masculine or even Filipino (I googled 'traditional Filipino names' in an attempt to get one correct). They can all be interchanged and what not (obviously) but here are my thoughts/ideas. Yeah, I'm good like that.
1- Jack Mabanglo
2- Jackson Matamis
3- Jade Makisig
4- Merrick Jayan
5- Martin Juni
6- Marcus Jabol
Hey Matt, this is your cousin Annie. Congrats on the baby boy:) It is fun to start off with a boy. As for a name...My boy actually has the initials of M.J. His name is Malachi Jesse and then my dad's name is James Marshall. Boy names are hard, so good luck. I like the names Jackson, Jarom, Joshua, Maxwell, Jack, and Maddox. Have fun picking a name.
Congrats you guys! Boys are cool...just ask Linda!
I suggest:
Jayden Maddox
Jack Michael
Joshua Maddox
Jeffrey Marshall
Just Me
That last one is a joke...don't name him that!
And obviously I don't know any Filipino names...so can't help you there.
I like Jade for a girl...so maybe you won't to use Jayden...but I like it. I would have used Joshua if we had had another boy. Good luck!
What better than to name him after his favorite uncle? Jonathan Macho. Have you considered any Book of Mormon names? Jacob, Jarom, Mahonri, Moroni...
Combolations! This is great news, and Aaron will be most pleased. Allow me to add my suggestions, all ending with Scott, natch!
Michael Jackson
Michael Jordan
Jamison Montague
Jraklak Maraklak (I have no idea if this is even close to Tagalog, so you'll have to use your imagination)
Marvin Johnson
Jordache Mattingly
I've got a lot more if you want them. :)
my brother and sis in law found out the sex of their baby at 6 weeks :) but anyway, congratulations. little matt matt!
Post a Comment