Jonah and I had originally decided to have our ultrasound on June 30th, on baby's 6th month mark. People asked us if we would find out the sex of the baby on the 20th week, to which we responded that we wanted to wait until the baby is bigger, and features are easier to see...and they usually said, "That makes sense". So we planned everything that way. The 20 week mark has come and passed, and we are almost at the 21 week mark. The other day, however, we were talking with some of the family over Skype(webcam video call), and Rachelle said that with the larger/older babies it is sometimes difficult to see the sex of the baby, due to their size. It is hard to see the whole baby at once, and often they cross their legs when they get bigger. So, we decided to discuss it. I was of the opinion that we have an ultrasound earlier rather than later, and Jonah insisted that we wait until June 23rd. Well, in our discussion we couldn't decide which to do, so we did what we have begun to do regularly when we can't make a decision...ask baby. Its actually pretty fun, because baby is very responsive and good at answering our questions. The usual answer is, kick for a positive response, no movement for a negative response. Sometimes I'll put my cheek up next to Jonah's belly and we'll say something like, 'kick baby', and baby will kick. So, the other night I said to Jonah, "Let's just ask baby if it wants to show itself to the world." So, I put my cheek up next to her belly, and asked baby if it wanted to go in for an ultrasound this week or next week. Instantly I felt a slight push against my cheek...it was great. I then told Jonah that I felt it, and she said, "Where", as if baby didn't kick. So I pointed to the area, and she said, "No...baby didn't kick". So, I needed the reassurance that baby was really answering, and that it wasn't Jonah's muscles moving. So, I leaned in again and asked baby, "Are you ready to go in for an ultrasound?". I had hardly finished my sentence, when I felt another, stronger kick against my cheek. This time I was sure that was baby answering. Jonah, however, wasn't content with the answer and proceeded to talk to baby saying things like, "You're not really ready are you?", and "Daddy's just imagining things, right?". Then she said to me, "Its not moving...nothing". So, we decided on a meaningful date that we could go in for the ultrasound... June 29th, which also happens to be the next scheduled check-up. So, we put a poll on the top of our blog for all to vote. Just click which you think baby is, boy or girl, and then leave a comment here so we can know everyone's guesses.
7 comments:
When you ask your kid a question and they kick your face just know that you trained them for that response early on...
I say BOY!
i say boy too.
Even though Chris is jinxing the boys thing, you're getting a boy and you're getting it because Aaron needs a man cousin.
OK I am guessing a GIRL! WE seem to be on a roll with the girls right now , and wont she be beautiful? You two would make a beauty queen!
Two votes for girl from us. Family tradition has been established.
I'm predicting BOY. Richard's philosophy is bogus.
Post a Comment