The next part of this installment was the big day...May 14, 2009. The day Jonah and I were united in marriage.
The day started off a little late, when I woke up with a killer headache. I stayed in bed for about an hour to see if it would go away, but it didn't. So, I got up at around 10:00 am. Jonah and I were scheduled to go to the salon at about 9:00, so we went straight there. I had to get my hair cut, and Jonah was getting her nails done. It took a little longer than we were expecting, so when I was finished with my haircut I went to go pick up the flowers from our florist. We had ordered Jonah's bouquet, two smaller bouquets for her sisters, 6 corsages, and 7 boutonnieres, including mine. They had everything ready, except for my boutonniere, because they didn't have the flower that it was supposed to be made out of. So, I told them to switch the flower type, and that we would be back in an hour to pick up all the flowers. I then went to pick up mom's gown, and thankfully there were no problems with that. I went back to the salon to pick up Jonah, but she wasn't finished yet. So, we waited for her nails to be done, and left around 12:00 noon. We went next door to the mall, bought some food and drinks for us, Myrna, Jingle, and the person that we hired to do their make-up. We then went back to the flower shop, picked up our flowers (there were two extra small bouquets), went to Tessie's grill to make sure that everything was set up right, dropped mom's dress off at their hotel, and went to our hotel room to get ready. We finally got there at about 2:00 pm, and only had 2 hours before the wedding was supposed to start.
Jingle was finished, Myrna was being done-up, and Jonah still had to shower. We also had our photographer(s)/videographer(s) there in the room taking plenty of pictures of the getting ready process. We still don't have their pictures yet, so we are currently unable to upload those. Our original schedule was to be on the road to Gerona by 3:00, but when 3:00 rolled around we were still at the hotel. Finally everything was good and ready, and we left for Gerona at 4:00 pm. Upon arrival at the chapel we got everyone ready and the ceremony started. Everything went well at the ceremony and we were able to take lots of pictures afterward.
Here is a picture of us, the happy couple, and our parents.
Jingle was finished, Myrna was being done-up, and Jonah still had to shower. We also had our photographer(s)/videographer(s) there in the room taking plenty of pictures of the getting ready process. We still don't have their pictures yet, so we are currently unable to upload those. Our original schedule was to be on the road to Gerona by 3:00, but when 3:00 rolled around we were still at the hotel. Finally everything was good and ready, and we left for Gerona at 4:00 pm. Upon arrival at the chapel we got everyone ready and the ceremony started. Everything went well at the ceremony and we were able to take lots of pictures afterward.
Here is a picture of us, the happy couple, and our parents.

and the garter/bouquet toss, which Tessie's throws a little twist on. They do a sort of musical pass, rather than an actual toss. That way someone is sure to end up with it, and its a total surprise. Somehow Jon ended up with the garter, and Joyce with the bouquet. So there was a little game that followed. Jonah and I were to show the 3 levels of kisses, and Jon and Joyce were supposed to follow.
It was a great game. I can't find the best video of the game, but when I do I'll be sure to post it.
The whole reception was wonderful, and Jonah was absolutely gorgeous the entire evening.
The whole reception was wonderful, and Jonah was absolutely gorgeous the entire evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment